- 5-star customer support
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- 5 simultaneous connection
- No logging policy
- Great connection Speed
- Quick easy setup
- High Compatibility
- Filesharing allowed
- 30-days money back guarantee
- No live support
- Limited network of servers
- OpenVPN support only
- Little bit pricey
Buffered VPN is a fast developing VPN provider launched in 2014 with a lot potential to stand up in the VPN space proposing highly enriched features and reliable connection. The company is based in Budapest, Hungary which is considered a big plus as the country is far away from US and UK jurisdictions!
Buffered VPN is competitively innovative as compared to other huge giants of VPN industry for introducing new features that the best VPN services offers. It is a no log VPN and comes up with 30-days money back guarantee offering 5 simultaneous connections and high compatibility with all major platforms. However, it is little bit pricey but you would never regret having this highly recommended VPN!
We got really fascinated by this young VPN and ended up writing a detailed Buffered VPN review so that more VPN lovers can take advantage from their cool services.
Effective Pricing Plan:
Buffered VPN offers affordable pricing plans and comes up with 3 subscription plans just like most other VPN providers. Their monthly package is kind of lavish costing $12.99/month while bi-annual package reduces to $9.99/month and yearly for as low as $8.25/month. So you can see that for subscribing for yearly package you can save up to 36% which is quite profitable! That is, the longer you sign up to their services the more you get benefitted with their sparkling discounts!
It was really disappointing to see no BitCoin option which is the most anonymous and digital way for doing online payment. Currently only two methods are offered by Buffered VPN providers which are PayPal and with credit card (MasterCard, VISA, Discover)! However all these card payments are processed through Braintree (Validated Level 1 PCI DSS Compliant Service Provider) to avoid security breaches or data leakage!
We get truly impressed by Buffered VPN for providing 30-days money back guarantee to get their customers fully aware about their features and services! Although they are complete in their services but they want everyone subscribing to their product to get fully satisfied within these 30 days. If you get caught with any technical issue or you are not comfortable with their services for any reason so you can ask your 100% money back without any questions being asked!
However, bear in mind that company has placed some conditions on their refund policy that you need not to exceed the 10GB bandwidth usage within these 30 days.
Buffered VPN Server Network:
Presently, Buffered VPN has servers spread in 28 countries covering most major continents and planning to expand its’ circle for users’ in every corner of the world. Check out the countries that have Buffered VPN servers:
- Asia (India; Korea; Republic of. Russian Federation; Israel, Singapore)
- Oceania (Australia)
- Europe (Belgium; Finland; Ukraine; Germany; France; Ireland; Italy; Liechtenstein; Austria; Luxembourg; Denmark; Norway; Iceland; Poland; Netherlands; Spain; Sweden; United Kingdom; Switzerland)
- North America (Mexico; United States; Canada)
You don’t need to worry about if you are somewhere in Africa or in South America and you couldn’t find their servers there. For those located in Africa can connect to their servers in Italy, India or Spain to get high speed connections and for those located in South America can join Buffered VPN from Mexico which is the closest proximity and get entertained with Buffered VPN excellent services!
Cool Features That You Get with Buffered VPN:
This feature helps you bypass firewalls of secured Wi-Fi of specifically hotels or in companies. Technically, it will find unused open ports and utilize them as OpenVPN port to break down the firewalls of password protected areas where the ports are open usually through DNS port!
Not technically firewall though but Buffered VPN has NAT between internet and the VPN servers that filter all your internet traffic. Thus acting as an effective firewall for blocking unsolicited and unwanted incoming traffic by filtering it through NAT!
You can simply set up your Buffered VPN on home router and utilize full access to Buffered VPN great services on multiple devices utilizing its 5 simultaneous connection feature!
Unlimited bandwidth and high speed:
Buffered VPN guards you against ISP throttling over your speed and provides you unlimited bandwidth so that you may enjoy streaming your favorite entertainments at their high speed servers without worries!
Easy to use:
Buffered VPN is easy to setup and easy to use software for Windows and Mac users specifically. All you need to do is just download and install the software and get connected to the desired server of Buffered VPN. Check out the set up tutorials we have mentioned below for each device separately for your ease.
You can experience the fabulous performance of your favorite streaming channels and blocked websites getting connected to Buffered VPN. It sets you free from irritating buffering during your most awaited show and provides you high speed with HD quality movies giving you overall the best performance.
A VPN without high compatibility is of no use for anyone using multiple devices. Buffered VPN is compatible with all dominant PC platforms and operating systems viz. Windows, Android, iOS (iPad, IPhones), and Linux. They provide 5 simultaneous connections on a single account so that you can surf interchangeably using different screens without paying additional charges.
They support clients for Windows, Linux, and Mac users. Plus, it provides .ovpn config file to set up via OpenVPN connect app enabling you to use it on devices which accepts it like iOS and Android. It is super easy to use software providing step-by-step tutorials for android, iOS. A complete instruction guide is also available to run their services on DD-WRT and Tomato Routers.
Security and privacy
Buffered VPN stands high and rigid in the security and privacy area. It provides 128 bit encryption to prevent its customers from getting spied by the governmental surveillance agencies and cybercriminals. It does not support the elderly PPTP and L2TP/IPsec protocols as they believes them to be most insecure and unprotected protocols. Instead, buffered VPN highly supports OpenVPN which is comparatively much securer than the PPTP and L2TP/IPsec. However, the only OpenVPN support sets limitations for older version devices supporting only PPTP and L2TP/IPsec.
When it comes to privacy, buffered VPN provides a clear NO logging policy promising to keep no record of their users’ online browsing activities. You can easily use it for business purposes and do online transactions without any worries!
Overall, you get true security and privacy with buffered VPN which hides your actual IP and assigns Shared IP addresses to users’ so that if they receive any take-down request they won’t be able to cut off the users services.
5-Star Customer support:
Buffered VPN cares for its customer’s whole heartedly. Buffered VPN – being new in the VPN industry, does not have any live chat option on their website however with their developing nature they do hope to implement this option very soon to be in more contact to their customers queries or concerns. Still, it contains a 5 star customer support providing strong ticketing system with a response time between 20 minutes to 2 hours! Plus, the knowledgebase and FAQ section on their website proves to be incredibly helpful for the users.
Setup Tutorial for Windows
We will be glad to assist you to set up buffered VPN on any of your 3 OS viz. Windows, Mac or Linux. To download buffered VPN in your Windows OS, you have to follow some easy steps:
- Download the Windows OS client and click ‘run’.
- It will lead you to the sequential steps; proceed by clicking ‘next’.
- Click ‘install’ and wait for a few minutes.
- Click ‘finish’ and the launch window will appear asking your username and password provided by them on your email.
- Choose your desired server location and surf using your new IP address.
However, for your personal preference, if you want to go with the OpenVPN other than buffered VPN software, then here is an easy guide:
Go; surf safely and anonymously on any version of Windows with the buffered VPN!
Setup Guide for Mac OSX
Setup for Mac does not contain any hurdles. It is important to mention here that Buffered is only available for Mac OSX versions 10.9 and above.
- Download and install the Mac client and follow the instructions by clicking on ‘next’.
- Every time you log in, you will be asked for your admin password.
- Once the installation is done, the process is easy. You will be asked for your username and password provided by the buffered VPN provider on your email.
- The next screen allows you to select the server location you want to choose.
- Finally, click ‘connect’ and get a new buffered IP address.
Enjoy with your masked IP and browse anonymously!
Setup Tutorial for Android
Sadly, buffered VPN does not have any app for Android. Keep in mind that Buffered VPN is only available for Android version 4.0 and onwards. We are providing a brief setup guide of buffered VPN for your Android.
- First you have to install the dedicated OpenVPN app for Android or an OpenVPN Connect app from Google App Store.
- Next is to download .ovpn config file given on the provider’s web or you can transfer the configuration files to your Android from your PC via USB cable.
- Locate and ‘save’ the config files in your phone and import the file into OpenVPN connect app.
- Finally you can connect to Buffered VPN by inserting their provided username and password.
- Upon clicking on the required location of the server, the next screen shows your new IP address.
Enjoy unlimited and secure buffered VPN connection on your smartphones!
Setup Tutorial for iOS
Buffered VPN does not contain a dedicated app for iOS smartphones.
- Log in to your buffered account by inserting the username and password which they have provided you by an email.
- First you have to download the .ovpn config file on your iOS device or your PC.
- * If you have downloaded it on your PC then you have to send those files as an attachment on an email which you can login from your iOS device.
- * If you have downloaded the .ovpn config file directly on your iOS device then you have to do the same. Send the files as an email attachment to yourself.
- Now, install the OpenVPN Connect App from the App Store.
- Now open and click the .ovpn config file in your email and select ‘open in OpenVPN’ option so that the files will get imported in the OpenVPN.
- Now, connect to the server of your choice.
Finally, you are connected with buffered VPN on your iOS device!
Buffered VPN Review – Verdict:
No matter if buffered is fresh in the VPN world but in a very short time period, it has made a strong position proposing supercool features to get pleased with. Hopefully, our buffered VPN review has assisted you enough to fully known about them that they are no way behind other good VPNs. All you get in one place that is high speed connection with a strong powerful encryption that keeps your security intact. Also it gives you privilege to keep you privacy to yourself providing reliable connection and an access to geo-blocked content along with zero logging policy!
Getting well-known with this new VPN from our Buffered VPN review, you can give it go to browse safely and bypass the defensive firewalls laid by the government without fear of being logged.